Energy bites are quick and easy to make plus a perfect nutrient-packed snack to addition to a meal. Plus there are endless combinations you can make, stay tuned for more energy bite recipes!
Serves 16 (1 bite each)
1 cup (~220 g) dates, pitted
¼ cup all natural peanut or almond butter*
¼ cup dark chocolate chips
1 1/2 tablespoons chia seeds (or flax or hemp seeds)
1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
2/3 cup rolled oats
Dash of sea salt
*For a nut-free option try: Sunflower seed butter, if needed increase the rolled oats to firm up the mixture.
1. Pulse dates in a food processor or blender until they are in small pieces or the mixture forms a ball.
2. Add oats, chocolate, chia seeds, maple syrup, and peanut butter. Then pulse or mix until combined.
3. Refrigerate mixture for 20 – 30 minutes (to help it firm up).
4. Roll into 1-inch bite-size cubes (about 28 grams per bite).
5. To set, place in a storage container and cover. Refrigerate or freeze for 15 minutes or eat as is!
Nutrition Facts (per bite): 100 calories, 4 grams fat, 1 gram saturated fat, 0 grams trans fat, 0 milligrams cholesterol, 17 grams carbohydrates, 2 grams fiber, 10 grams sugar, 3 grams protein