These peanut butter chip energy bites are absolutely delicious and they are whole grain based! They are perfect to keep on hand to fuel your athlete.
PB CHIP ENERGY BITES
Serves 24 (Bites about 1" - 1.5" each)
¼ cup honey
¼ cup coconut oil, melted
1 cup creamy peanut butter
3 cups rolled oats
3 tablespoons chia seeds
1 cup dark chocolate chips
1. In a mixing bowl combine the honey, coconut oil, and peanut butter. Mix until well combined.
2. Then add-in the rolled oats and chia seeds. Stir to mix together.
3. Finish with chocolate chips.
4. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
5. Then remove from the refrigerator and form into bites, about 1-inch each.
6. Place in a storage container or freeze!
Nutrition facts per serving: 180 calories, 11 grams fat, 5 grams saturated fat, 0 grams trans fat, 0 milligrams cholesterol, 50 milligrams sodium, 18 grams carbohydrates, 2 grams fiber, 9 grams sugar, 4 grams protein