By: Hannah Segur
Try out these Peanut Butter Cranberry Energy bites - perfect for someone on the go. Whether your playing a sport or just running around all day, these bites are a quick and easy way to get all the nutrients that are in a granola bar. They deliver a mix of healthy fats and quality carbs to keep your energy levels up! Each bite has about 150 calories, 8 grams of fat, 20 grams of carbs - plus 4 grams of protein!
Peanut Butter Cranberry Bites
Makes 16 - 18 bites (about 1 oz each)
1 cup oats
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 packet vanilla protein powder (e.g. Klean Athlete Isolate Vanilla Protein Powder)
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1. Add peanut butter, vanilla, honey, and vanilla protein powder to a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stir until the mixture starts to bubble. Heat for one more minute once it starts to bubble. Make sure to keep stirring at this point so the mixture doesn't burn. Remove mixture from heat.
2. Add in vanilla and sea salt. Stir until it combines with the mixture. Add in oats and sunflower seeds, mix until everything is combined. (Optional: if you don't want your chocolate chips to melt, refrigerate the granola for 15 minutes, or wait to add the chocolate until the oat mixture reaches room temperature and is cooled.)
3. Add in chocolate chips and cranberries and stir until they're mixed with the granola.
4. Next, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
5. Once your sheet is lined, use a spoon to scoop out some of the granola. Roll the granola around until it makes a ball. Place the ball onto the baking sheet and repeat this step until there is no more granola left.
6. Place the baking sheet into the freezer for 1 hour. Once that hour is up, transfer the granola bites to the refrigerator and keep refrigerated until you are ready to enjoy them!
Nutrition Facts (per bite): 150 calories, 8 grams fat, 3 grams saturated fat, 0 milligrams cholesterol, 110 milligrams sodium, 20 grams carbohydrates, 1 gram fiber, 14 grams sugar, 4 grams protein